Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

Cousins Wedding; Our Last Day Part 3

So it is the day after the wedding, everyone is exhausted.  Since my boyfriend and I didn’t get to go to San Francisco when we plan too we decided to go on our last day.  We didn’t get to stay as long as everyone else and they were planning to go to SF the next day.  So we took off! We saw so many things in a short amount of time.  We didn’t get into san francisco until about 1pm. I planned all the stops so that we could kind of go in a big circle.  There are plenty of things to see but time was limited so we had to narrow it down to just a few.



First we stopped by the Palace of Fine Arts.  I’ve always wanted to visit this place it looks beautiful!



Our second stop was to drive down Lombard Street it was awesome!  Although my cousins live close to San Francisco we never really got to do any of these touristy stuff.  It was always mainly drive through the golden gate bridge and then to chinatown.  But since it was just my boyfriend and I, I really wanted to make the effort to see all the things I never got to see whenever I came up north.
On the way to Lombard Street




After Lombard Street, we went to see the “Painted Ladies.” Growing up watching full house and always seeing this park, I just had too.  Parking can be a little hard but we got really lucky and got parking on the side of the Painted Ladies!


Third stop was going into downtown, we stopped by Ghirardelli Square to get some ice cream and it was so good! Then we went to Minamoto Kitchoan to pick up some Japanese desserts which is also very good, but very expensive.  After that we walked for a little bit and then drove by Japan town.






Fourth stop was to see the Dutch Windmill at Golden Gate Park.  There is a lot to do and see at this park I wish we had more time, but at least we got to see the windmills. 


The last stop to our trip was at Sutro Baths to watch the sunset.  There are some trails to walk on leading you to other parts of the cliffs, but we just stuck to one side.  It was amazing to see how what was once a building is now in ruins. At the top of the hill you can see a heart shape in the middle of a rock in the ocean.

Heart in the rock


Part of the Golden Gate Bridge in the back.

That is the end of our 4 day weekend trip to my cousins wedding.  I can’t believe we did so much in so little time! I got to see and experience so many things I never thought I would actually get to do. Definitely another check off the bucket list!  I can’t wait to take another road trip up north, but next time it will be longer so that we can enjoy more of the things we want to see and do.
Crossing the bridge to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment