Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Cousins Wedding means Road trip! Part 1

One thing on my bucket list is to drive along the coast and see the beautiful California scenery.  Since my oldest cousin who lives in NorCal was getting married, it was the perfect opportunity for me to make that happen! It was a short trip we didn't get to spend as much time as we would like at each stop.  So I had to get very organize and made a list of all the places I wanted to go too in order with gas station stops along the way.  It had to be on point since some areas along highway 1 could go for miles without a gas station.  Doing my research paid off with getting the cheapest gas station mainly stopping at Costco.

Our first stop was at Morro bay, it was a beautiful small town. There were sea otters floating around, it was super cute!.  We went to Morro Rock there is plenty of parking on the side of the rock facing the beach, but very limited parking spaces on the side of the rock facing the harbor.  The water was very choppy on the day we went and extremely windy but still beautiful.  The rock was massive!

On the way to Morro Rock




The next stop was to see the elephant seals.  At first we missed the area but ended up finding a little trail to hike with an amazing view.  After the mini hike we decided to find the right spot to see the seals.  There were so many and some babies too.  If there is no parking spot in the first section just a little bit down the road is another parking section that has a trail connecting to the first area.  There is also a trail to hike to the light house but I think there is only a certain time you can go to the light house.  It is called Piedras Blancas Light Station.

Random Beach


Elephant Seals Vista Point



On our way to the next destination we decided to pull over at a view point.  We were tired of being in the car for such a long time. I'm glad we pulled over it was refreshing. The view was amazing!  It was a cliff view of the ocean, my boyfriend went to take a video by the edge of the cliff and omg ugh it was making me nervous I didn’t want to go down there because to get there it was a slight hill not steep or anything but I’m already scared of heights so adding any slant will make me extra nervous.





You can kind of see the slight downhill slant that is a NO for me.


Another bucket list item checked off!  I’ve always wanted to see McWay Falls! I never thought I would ever get to see something I’ve seen so many times in pictures.  In the parking lot there is a trail that leads into the forest for hiking and such we didn’t go far in because we still had a long way to go to San Francisco.



So beautiful




Our last stop was at Bixby bridge.  I love cliff view of the ocean! Seeing it from so high above stretching out for miles and miles, it’s just breath taking.





So now we are headed for San Francisco we stopped at the last Costco before getting into Downtown San Fran to fill up and pick up a pizza.  We were so exhausted and still had to drive another 45 minutes to 1 hour past San Fran.  But it ended up being even longer because we got lost not sure what happened we did have the GPS on.  We ended up in Oakland eventually found our way through the back roads, it was so dark!  After our little mishap we finally made it to my uncles house.  We planed to spend the next day in San Francisco but we didn’t get to bed until 1-2 am.  We woke up around 6-7 am in total zombie mode and feeling horrible so we decided to not go to San Francisco and instead help my cousin with her last minute wedding stuff she still needed to finish.


Well, this post is extremely long I will continue the trip story in another post.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment