Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Shots for Mochi

It's that time of the year again for Mochi, her yearly shots and her 1 year adoption anniversary!  Since we adopted her, the shelter gave her all the shots she needed. We didn’t need a vet until a couple months later when she had constipation. The vet we picked was nice, the staff and veterinarian were very friendly but there was just something about it that I didn’t like, like a weird vibe.  It felt like the vet kept trying to sell us stuff increasing the bill saying she needs all these vitamins and other pills.  So now that its time for her to get her shots updated I found another place hopping that this can be her permanent veterinarian.

Her appointment time was at 2:30 the wait time was short so that was good.  When the veterinarian came in he answered all our questions and concern, did the wellness check up and that was it. Didn’t try to up sale anything didn’t say she needed all these medication like the other vet and he got to the point. I really liked that.

I let the vet know that when they do come in to give her the shots the needles have to be hidden if she see’s them it is over and not going to happen.  The vet assistant did a good job at hiding it the first shot went smoothly but now Mochi know’s whats coming the second shot went horrible! She wouldn’t stay still moved like crazy and the vet assistant got hurt in the process with the needle and bleed so much.  I felt so bad! But she said it's ok it happens.  So we tried couple more times then I had my boyfriend hold Mochi and the vet assistant showed us a way to keep her still.  Which I kind of wish she showed us that from the start it made everything so much easier! Although I still had to hold her paws together so she wouldn’t try to push away.

It took my boyfriend and I to hold her down so the vet assistant can get the shots done.  Isn’t that crazy?!  After all 3 shots were done it was time to cut her nails.  She freaked out big time crying, screaming, breathing so hard and the vet assistant hasn’t even started yet.  When she did start though after the first paw Mochi calmed down although she was still very scared.  I felt so bad but she needed her nails cut.  She was so scared she literally had the shit scared out of her.  I’m pretty sure it was because she got her temperature taken earlier that made the poop come out so easily.  It was very small.

I’ve never had such a crazy experience at the vet before.  She is definitely a fighter when she doesn’t want something.  But I’m glad we were able to get her shots taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment