Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Random cooking!

I wanted to cook the other day but I didn’t know what.  So I took out some chicken thighs and was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it.  I didn’t want to look up any recipe I wanted to make this all on my own.  Usually I would look up a recipe and just change a couple of things.  Anyways so what I ended up with was: Garlic and herb butter roasted chicken thighs in chicken stock, with roasted carrots, potatoes, and cabbage, with garlic mash potatoes on the side.  So much potatoes right? Well I needed to use the up the rest of the potatoes.

I didn’t use fresh herbs, didn’t have any just used what I had on hand. I oiled the roasting pan and a little bit of oil on the chickens.  Then I mixed garlic and herb spices with pepper, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne.  I mixed half of the spices with 3 tablespoons of butter and sprinkled some spices on the chicken.  I then put about 1 tsp of the butter mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs and put it in the oven at 450 degrees for 30- 35 minutes.  After it was brown and crispy I sprinkled some more seasoning on the chicken and threw in the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage along with half a can or a little bit more of chicken stock and whatever seasoning I had left I sprinkled it all over the vegetables.  I covered it with foil and continue to cook for about 30-45 minutes to make sure the chicken was completely cooked and the vegetables were tender.

Over all everything turned out really good but there are a few changes for next time I make this. First of I needed to add more seasoning the skin tasted awesome but the chicken meat itself was under season.  All because I thought it might have been too salty but nope! Could have added more.  But it’s okay that just means I have to keep working on this recipe until I get it right! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment