Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Japanese Gourmet Fair at Mitsuwa Marketplace

I went to Mitsuwa marketplace which is a Japanese supermarket the other day with my boyfriend and brother because they were having a Japanese gourmet fair!  I love coming to these and trying all the different Japanese food they offer.  We tried a couple different things, some of my favorite has to be the crab croquettes it was creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside so yummie melts in your mouth awesomeness!  My other favorite had to be skewered fish cakes there were a lot of different kinds and I really have no idea what I got besides shrimp and octopus.  It was from the same vendor as the crab croquettes unfortunately I did not get the name of the vendors.  My other favorite was waffles with custard cream filling from Kobe Fugetsudo, it was delicious wasn’t too sweet just perfect!  The last thing we got that was ok I wasn’t a big fan the texture just wasn't what I expected, but it was still good it was Takoyaki with octopus from Takoya Kukuru.  Everything at the fair is made right on spot you can even watch them make it fresh and ready to serve.

I love going to Mitsuwa they have a food court with different Japanese food and other Asian food.  Their grocery section is also filled with all things Japanese and Asian.  They also have already prepared food that you can buy for lunch or picnics they make it on site and you can also watch them make it too.  Everything seems so fresh and you know that it hasn’t been sitting there for a couple of days or weeks even.  There is also a small bakery that has some good things but I usually don’t buy anything from there.  I used to go to this other bakery that was in the food court unfortunately it closed down womp womp.  But they had one of the most AMAZING cream puffs I’ve ever had so addicting too bad they had to close. :(

Didn't get to take pictures before everyone munched on all the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment