Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Korean Food

I watch Korean dramas and the food they eat always looks so good!  Well, I found this cute little spot in Temple City called Big Rice and was so excited to try!  The decor was simple and clean they also had Kpop playing on the wall from a projector.  How cool is that!

Their banchan (side dishes) includes bean sprouts, pickled seaweed, cucumber kimchi, and regular kimchi.  The bean sprouts were so refreshing when it was cold but other than that it was just ok.  My favorites are the other 3 side dishes.  I love cucumber kimchi and this was amazing with nice size slices too.  The kimchi was a winner for me! I’m pretty picky with my kimchi, I’ve had some store bought ones and it just wasn’t that great some seemed too sweet.  This one was nice and crunchy with a slight spice to it.  The pickled seaweed was great can’t complain there.

We ordered the Bulgogi beef rice bowl my boyfriend isn’t that experience with Korean flavors so I knew he would love this.  It was great the seasoning of the beef was on point.

Next, we ordered cheese spicy rice cake with ramyun.  It was good the rice cake was soft and chewy just perfect.  At first, the spice wasn’t bad I thought it was fine but gradually it does build up and the sniffles start happening.  But I still liked it.  Maybe ordering this on its own to share would be enough.  We had lots of leftovers, it really didn’t look like we did any damage.
The last thing we ordered was the sweet and sour pork.  From watching 2 days 1 night the guys always were so obsessed with sweet and sour pork.  So, I thought I would give it a try.  Well it did taste good the sauce was amazing but I think the pork slices were just a little thin.  The sauce overpowered the taste of any pork.  A little disappointing but 2 out 3 isn't bad

I wouldn't mind going again unless I find something similar closer to home.  There were other things I definitely wanted to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment